Mix up your and your partners’ demand generation with a little video
This week we are pleased to include a guest blog from Melissa Kennedy, Director of Client Strategy, Magnet Video, a leading B2B video marketing solutions company located in Chapel Hill, NC.
When it comes to your marketing mix, video is an excellent platform to increase your response rates. What makes video such a great demand generation tool? Consider the following:
- Buyers of technology products ranked video third behind only brochures/data sheets and whitepapers as the type of content they consume most frequently when evaluating a purchase via MarketingProfs.
- Video to reach 90% of all web traffic by 2014. Also, with a 41 percent higher click-through rate than plain text, according to Search Engine Watch, videos are integral to the success of any SEO strategy. iMEDIAconnection predicts
- 75% of C-Suite Executives surveyed said they watch work-related online video on business-related websites at least weekly according to Forbes.
- 2-3 times higher email click-thru rates with video according to an online email Forrester report
- 64% increase in a prospect’s propensity to buy after watching video according to Internet Retailer
Combine these facts with increasing pressure for more effective demand generation from both vendors and channel partners and the timing just may be right to consider adding video to your next campaign.
Video Integrates and Scales
Video can be integrated into every communication channel — Web, email, social, mobile, events and tradeshows — telemarketing even. A few examples to inspire your next demand generation activity:
- Email – Place an appealing screenshot of your video with a “play button” overlay that when clicked serves up a landing page with your offer.
- Social media – A pithy lead in and a link to a landing page with video or a blog post with three key take-always and embed video within. .
- Mobile – Arm your sales people with a video overview right on their mobile device. Videos can be uploaded directly to mobile phones and tablets in the event there is no Wi-Fi or network availability.
One of the biggest challenges today is marketing scalability for both vendors and channel partners. Consider this example of how both vendors and channel partners can benefit the scalability of video. A vendor creates a base solution video for its channel partners, which can be easily adapted with their value-added service or market differentiation. That’s one video adapted to showcase each channel partner’s strengths and that can be used via email, Pay-Per-Click, tradeshow or on a sales person’s mobile device – scale, integration and effectiveness all in one.
Key to campaign success is video type
While video can be integrated into any multi-channel marketing strategy, not all video is the same. It is important to have an understanding of different types of video and which kind works best for demand generation campaigns. There are corporate overview videos, explainer videos, customer testimonials, and how to videos that can all help create demand for the channel.
There are 3 key components that make up a powerful demand generation video:
1) Length matters. Statistically, 60-seconds is the ideal length of a demand generation video—50% of viewers drop off after that point.
2) Messaging and visual queues speak volumes. Quickly outlining solution benefits and creating visuals that empower your message leverage the power of video best.
3) Calls to action. Considering target audience, venue and offers dictates effective calls to action
Don’t forget the marketing operations.
Of course the creative is critical when adding video to your campaign, but it is equally important to get the mechanics right to reap the full benefits of video in your marketing mix.
Here are some key questions to consider on the operations side:
- How are you going to get the video in front of prospects?
- How are you going to capture the lead and connect with your CRM or lead nurturing systems?
- How are you going to stream the video?
- How are you going to measure views and engagement?
For video demand generation to garner effective results, be sure to set it up correctly to reap the benefits. MagnetVideo’s LEADStream combines the power of concise messaging, production, streaming and analytics with communication vehicle and lead capture.
As you plan your next demand generation campaign to or through the channel, leverage these tips to successfully integrate video and increase response rates and campaign effectiveness.
How you are using video to drive more demand?